Welcome to Highdown School Sixth
Thank you for your interest in Highdown School Sixth Form Centre.
Whether you are already a Highdowner in Year 11 or a student from another local or international school, you will be assured of personal attention to ensure we match the best curriculum offer to your skills and ambitions. We offer an extensive range of academic and technical (vocational) courses backed by strong academic monitoring and pastoral support.
If you require further information about the Sixth Form at Highdown School, please contact either
The environment and overall feel of the school has allowed me to thrive in the Sixth Form due to the friendly and hard-working atmosphere created by teachers and students alike’
[Year 12 Student]
Highdown School is a very special place. The Sixth Form is a vibrant and exciting place in which to study, develop and mature. The outstanding opportunities for personal growth are second to none here. Our sixth formers are fantastic young people who go beyond Highdown able to meet the challenges of life with confidence.
[Rachel Cave, Headteacher]
Sixth form students ‘enjoy being members of the school and the sixth form is as inclusive as the rest of the school. Students have high aspirations for their futures’.
[Ofsted, May 2015]
- 26FebYear 13 Music: Practical
- 01MarWorld Book Day
- 06MarYear 13: Intervention Evening
- 12MarYear 11: NCFE Health and Fitness exam
- 12MarYear 12: Higher Education Convention
- 12MarYear 13 Business Studies: Visit to Bristol
- 16MarYear 12 and 13 Travel & Tourism: London walk
- 21MarWorld Poetry Day
- 23MarYear 13 Music Tech: Practical
- 23MarYear 10, 11, 12 and 13 History: Residential visit to Auschwitz departs
- 26MarYear 12 Music Tech: Practical
- 28MarA-Level Music Recital
- 29MarEnd of Term 4
- 02AprYear 10 and 12 Geography: Residental visit to Iceland departs
- 06AprYear 10 and 12 Geography: Residental visit to Iceland returns
- 16AprProfessional Learning Day 4: School closed to students
- 16AprYear 13 Economics: Visit to Bristol
- 17AprStart of Term 5 (Week A)
- 19AprA-Level Music Recital
- 23AprYear 12 Music: Practical
- 26AprBig Learning Day 2: Health and Relationships
- 30AprYear 13 Photography: A-Level exam begins
- 02MayYear 13 Photography: A-Level exam ends
- 03MayYear 13 Art and Art Graphics: A-Level exams begin
- 07MayBank Holiday: School closed
- 08MayYear 13 Art and Art Graphics: A-Level exams end
- 08MayYear 12: PPEs begin
- 11MayYear 12: PPEs end
- 11MayYear 13: BBQ
- 14MayYear 13: A-Level exams begin
Year 11 - Sixth Form interviews begin next week - make sure you check with your mentor when and where!
Looking forward to our 1st #AimingHigh session at lunchtime today - and delighted to hear of Head Boy receiving his Oxford offer!