Welcome to Highdown School Sixth
Thank you for your interest in Highdown School Sixth Form Centre.
Whether you are already a Highdowner in Year 11 or a student from another local or international school, you will be assured of personal attention to ensure we match the best curriculum offer to your skills and ambitions. We offer an extensive range of academic and technical (vocational) courses backed by strong academic monitoring and pastoral support.
If you require further information about the Sixth Form at Highdown School, please contact either
The environment and overall feel of the school has allowed me to thrive in the Sixth Form due to the friendly and hard-working atmosphere created by teachers and students alike’
[Year 12 Student]
Highdown School is a very special place. The Sixth Form is a vibrant and exciting place in which to study, develop and mature. The outstanding opportunities for personal growth are second to none here. Our sixth formers are fantastic young people who go beyond Highdown able to meet the challenges of life with confidence.
[Rachel Cave, Headteacher]
Sixth form students ‘enjoy being members of the school and the sixth form is as inclusive as the rest of the school. Students have high aspirations for their futures’.
[Ofsted, May 2015]
- 21JanYear 12: Geography trip to Pembrokeshire departs
- 22JanYear 13: PPE results, PR2 and Mentor reports issued to parents
- 25JanYear 12: Geography trip to Pembrokeshire returns
- 01FebProspective Year 12: Sixth Form interviews begin
- 01FebYear 13: Begin student finance applications
- 05FebSafer Internet Day
- 05FebSchool Musical Production (Performance 1)
- 06FebSchool Musical Production (Performance 2)
- 07FebSchool Musical Production (Performance 3)
- 12FebYear 12: PR2 issued to parents
- 12FebYear 13: Intervention evening
- 15FebEnd of term 3
- 20FebYear 12: Booking opens for parents' evening on 28 February
- 25FebStart of term 4
- 25FebYear 12 [L3]: University of Surrey HE visit
- 25FebYear 13: UCAS extra begins
- 25FebYear 12: Begin the UCAS process
- 28FebYear 12: Subject evening
- 07MarWorld Book Day
- 24MarYear 13: UCAS deadline for Art & Design courses
- 02AprHouse Drama Competition
- 02AprYear 13: PR3 issued to parents
- 04AprA-Level Music Recital
- 05AprEnd of term 4
- 05AprYears 11 and 12: Krakow trip departs
- 06AprYears 10 and 12: Geography adventure departs
- 08AprYears 11 and 12: Krakow trip returns
- 13AprYears 10 and 12: Geography adventure returns
RT @VESPAmindset: Struggling to get started with work? That often means (i) fear of the work or (ii) insufficient activation energy. It's n...
Yr 12 #AimingHigh - 1st lunchtime session today in v7 at 13.30!
All Sixth Form start with an assembly in the Hall - don't forget it's a Week B https://t.co/tgIfVRv7cu
Wonderful to see so many former students at Presentation Evening - well done all! Term finishes at 11.05 for all Sixth Formers - have a relaxing and Happy Christmas