Welcome to Highdown School Sixth
Thank you for your interest in Highdown School Sixth Form Centre.
Whether you are already a Highdowner in Year 11 or a student from another local or international school, you will be assured of personal attention to ensure we match the best curriculum offer to your skills and ambitions. We offer an extensive range of academic and technical (vocational) courses backed by strong academic monitoring and pastoral support.
If you require further information about the Sixth Form at Highdown School, please contact either
The environment and overall feel of the school has allowed me to thrive in the Sixth Form due to the friendly and hard-working atmosphere created by teachers and students alike’
[Year 12 Student]
Highdown School is a very special place. The Sixth Form is a vibrant and exciting place in which to study, develop and mature. The outstanding opportunities for personal growth are second to none here. Our sixth formers are fantastic young people who go beyond Highdown able to meet the challenges of life with confidence.
[Rachel Cave, Headteacher]
Sixth form students ‘enjoy being members of the school and the sixth form is as inclusive as the rest of the school. Students have high aspirations for their futures’.
[Ofsted, May 2015]
- 15NovYear 13: Subject Evening
- 22NovYears 11 and 12: Russell Group Meeting
- 30NovYears 12 and 13: Senior Maths Challenge
- 03DecYear 13: PPEs begin
- 04DecYear 12: PR1 issued to parents
- 12DecYear 13: PPEs end
- 13DecChristmas Concert
- 18DecYear 12: Brookfields Party
- 20DecPresentation Evening
- 21DecEnd of term 2
- 07JanProfessional Learning Day 3: School closed to all students.
- 08JanStart of term 3
- 15JanYear 13: UCAS application deadline
- 21JanYear 12: Geography trip to Pembrokeshire departs
- 22JanYear 13: PPE results, PR2 and Mentor reports issued to parents
- 25JanYear 12: Geography trip to Pembrokeshire returns
- 01FebProspective Year 12: Sixth Form interviews begin
- 01FebYear 13: Begin student finance applications
- 05FebSafer Internet Day
- 05FebSchool Musical Production (Performance 1)
- 06FebSchool Musical Production (Performance 2)
- 07FebSchool Musical Production (Performance 3)
- 12FebYear 12: PR2 issued to parents
- 12FebYear 13: Intervention evening
- 15FebEnd of term 3
A great opportunity for our Yr12 #AimingHigh students - don't forget to get those forms filled in by the end of this week! https://t.co/KEbZHiPOLE
Thank you to #hdsa2018 for hosting @Highdown6thForm !!
A great range of activities arranged for BLD 1 tomorrow - Y12 are off to #SafeDriveStayAlive @Thehexagon and Y13 are preparing for life after @HighdownSchool - looking forward to seeing those #Masterchef recipes!