The Hive is open every lunchtime as well as the following times:
- Monday: 8.30am - 9.05am
- Tuesday: 8.45am - 9.05am
- Wednesday: 8.30am - 9.05am
- Thursday: 8.45am - 9.05am
- Friday: 8.30am - 9.05am
If you want to search the library catalogue or access your library account log on here.
eBook and Audiobook Library System
Click here to browse the eBook and Audiobook catalogue.
- Loan period is 14 days
- Maximum number of items per student is 4
- Fine Rate for overdue items is 2p per book per day up to a maximum of £1 per book
- All books on loan must be issued from and returned to library desk.
- Books may be renewed but must be brought to library to do this.
- Books may be reserved at the library desk or through your library account.
- Any suggestions for books and other materials you would like to see in the library can be put in the Library Request Book.
What’s in The Hive?
The FICTION collection aims to satisfy all readers from year 7 – year 13 and there is a modern adult collection as well as the usual classics. Following book awards such as the Carnegie Medal and the Red House Children’s Book Award, for which we are a testing group, keeps the collection up to date.
AUDIO BOOKS are available on the same terms as the text versions. These are mainly on CD, but we can also offer some on MP3. It will soon be possible to loan audiobooks online - link will appear here shortly!
Complete Issues is a fantastic resource for any subject dealing with current issues and includes statistics as well as articles. www.completeissues.co.uk Username: Highdown Password: Resources
How do you know when a book has to be returned
The date is stamped at the front of the book. Check this is done when the book is issued to you.
What happens if I can return my book but I have not got the money to pay the fine?
As soon as the book is returned the fine stops getting bigger. It will stay on the system until you can pay.
What happens if I lose a library book?
You will be asked to pay for a replacement.
What happens if one of my books gets damaged?
Bring it in so that the librarian can decide whether the book can be repaired or will need replacing.
Where should I put the books that I have been looking at?
If you do not want to borrow them and are not sure where they belong please put them on the returns trolley.