Skip to content ↓
  • Font Size

  • Colour

Highdown School
and Sixth Form Centre


What are the rules about parking in School?

For health and safety reasons, the gates are closed to parents’ cars from 8.20-8.45am and 2.50-3.20pm. This is due to the number of students entering and leaving the site at the start and end of the day.

If you are dropping off / collecting your child by car, please do not drive onto the school site or block the school entrance.

Parking is available during other times but is very restricted. If you have an appointment at the school there are 4 designated parking bays opposite the minibus spaces.

What happens when a student forgets something? 

If you are contacted by a student or school and asked to bring something in, then please take any requested items to main reception and provide them with the student details and class.

How do you report appointments or known absences?

If your child is unable to attend school, it is vital that you call the absence line on 0118 9015823 and leave a clear message detailing your child’s name, tutor group and reason for absence before 9.00am. More details.

How do you know if school opening times are varied?

The school will notify you in advance of any changes to the start or finish times of the school day. Information will also be shared on the school website and via InstagramTwitter and Facebook

How can a Student get access to coursework or homework if absent due to illness?

Your child will know if the information is available on Show My Homework (SMHW).

Does the school offer any funding or scholarship programs to help gifted and able Students who are unable to finance further education?

Bursaries are available for Sixth Form students on a means tested basis. More details.

What advice is available to students about apprenticeships or employment opportunities?

There is information on the school website about careers in general and events taking place in the community. All Year 11s get an interview and Sixth Form students get interviews when referred or go to drop in sessions.

What support is available to parents if they have any concerns?

Parents should contact the school and arrange to speak with their child’s tutor or Head of Achievement.

Where is lost property for students?

Lost property is kept at the main reception. You can phone the school on 0118 901 5800 or go to the main reception to see if your child’s lost property has been handed in. Remember to name all your child’s belongings in order to increase the chances of lost property being returned.